Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WABA and the ILCA Fellowship

About two to three weeks ago Angela from ILCA greeted me on the phone with, "You've got the WABA Fellowship".
For those unsure of what WABA is, here is a small synopsis from their website:
"The World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) is a global network of individuals & organisations concerned with the protection, promotion & support of breastfeeding worldwide.
WABA is in consultative status with UNICEF & an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC)."
ILCA (International Lactation Consultants Association) is a member organisation of WABA, and it is they who are sponsoring my Fellowship to work with WABA.

This blog of my experiences in Malaysia and with WABA was suggested by my friend Diana. I hope you'll find my journey interesting and fun to read about.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Denise! Have a wonderful time. I applied too, but really happy for you.
    Love to read you updates.

    All the best.

    Claudine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to read more! What you've written so far was captivating! This is the experience of a lifetime and I can't wait to hear all about it! Be sure to post pictures! Did I use enough exclamation marks?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Denise. WOW!! Have great time. What an expereince. look forward to hearing more as you go along.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Denise - very happy for you. What a wonderful learning experience. Have a great time.
    Warmly, Julieanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! sorry my posts have been a bit slow coming ... having problems getting internet at my accommodation. Things will look up once that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries Denise - we can wait. Keep doing what you're doing.
    Warmly, Julieanne

    ReplyDelete