Thursday, October 14, 2010

Leaving tomorrow!

This morning I farewelled my home, and the chickens and the vegie garden and my lovely comfy bed and travelled to Brisbane to work the day in the Brisbane office, staying overnight ready for an early departure tomorrow. After agonising about what to pack I finally decided on a few cotton skirts and tops, and anything I didn't have would be easy enough to buy over there. And checked 5 times that I have my passport!
Bridget and Samantha are both coming to Penang for the conference and we'll be travelling together. Having them come with me for the first few days makes the whole trip seem less daunting.

I've been reading every word on the WABA website, making sure I have a good understanding of all their current, past and future projects, and getting an idea of who's who. Wow there's some names in WABA who have had a huge impact on the lives of infants through their work with breastfeeding over the years! What a privilege for me to be working with these people. Not long now!

4 comments:

  1. We'll miss you Denise !! You can relax and enjoy this experience that we'll take care of the bussiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun Denise, we're so proud of you. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise So pleased to be able to share in your wonderful experience. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures and your new knowledge! Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Densie. I am SO pleased that WABA gets you. You will be a wonderful asset to them and a gift to the rest of us when you are back. I have NO DOUBT that what you learn and experience will permiate your work. This way I feel like we are all getting some of the benefits of your award.

    ReplyDelete