Sunday, October 17, 2010

Brisbane to Penang


We're here! We made it! Only a little over 9 hours flying time, but it was a 17-hour day door-to-door. Bridget, who needs to go into a deep meditative state on take-off and landing,  has now found a greater fear - Penang taxi rides!
I'm staying at the beautiful Bayview Resort Hotel - right on the beach, which would be very tempting if the sessions and presentations weren't so interesting, inspiring, exciting ... I can't think of enough descriptors. I'll write more about them later. I'm sharing my hotel room with Johanna, the ILCA/WABA Fellow from 2008. This is a great bonus - she didn't get to sleep until after midnight last night as I plied her with questions about what my working and social life is going to be like for the next 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment