Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Some Penang observations

Motor cyclists here are suicidal!! Ducking and weaving through the traffic no matter what speed it's going.
Rain is a part of every day. With it the humidity drops and a cool breeze blows - delightful!
Standing in front of a fan after you've dried off following your shower will stop you perspiring long enough to let you get dressed.
Food is a very important part of each day ... and for this newbie to the cuisine I'm having fun working my way through the whole range available (have I got enough time!!)
Walking/jogging is difficult along suburban roads that have uneven paving stones. Is this why I never see a local out walking/jogging when I go?
EVERYONE in Penang is happy. Smiles are infectious.

2 comments:

  1. denise, i know how u miss jog/walking by the streets.it is not our culture here and it is DANGEROUS too!!-suria-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - thanks Suria! You've given me the perfect excuse (wink)!!

    ReplyDelete