Friday, November 19, 2010

Family time

I've spent a week with my husband in Bali - a long-overdue holiday we'd booked before I knew I was coming to Penang. It came at just the right time. Everyone is so very friendly, but a little bit of homesickness was creeping up on me.
And now I'm back in Penang and my oldest son has come up to join me for 10 days. He's more adventurous than I am. I left him with the Lonely Planet Guide to Malaysia and a book just on Penang while I came to work ... I can imagine what he'll have planned for me! For example this morning he caught the teksi (that's bahasa malay) with me and quizzed the driver about all the best hawker stalls for breakfast. We stopped and had THE BEST koay teow th'ng I've had. It's a thin soup with flat rice noodles, a few shreds of pork and chicken and some fish balls - don't know what the other flavours were but, yummy. It's served with a little bowl of sliced chilli and soy. This is a far cry from my usual breakfast of poached eggs or cereal that I eat in Aus.

Sam and Kathy and I are progressing well with the Gateway website. Kathy brings the 'youth' perspective to it, making sure it's not a staid old site! It's been a lot of fun researching the internet to find good websites to link to to make this a place you'll really want to have bookmarked for easy access. We're going to put some news feeds in too (on breastfeeding), so when you go to the site you'll be able to see what's happening around the breastfeeding world. And a Twitter feed too ... I'll leave that one up to Sam and Kathy to work out!

This is Kathy trying to teach me about Twitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment